OK. I guess I’m just a sucker for all these little inspirational tidbits and for some reason they always resonate with me. One of my pals at work has the phrase “Thought – Word – Deed” on his screen saver and I’ve had something similar on a post-it note stuck to my monitor for the past 5-6 months; Priorities – People – Performance. These little reminders are like a flashlight in the abyss of one’s day, week, and life.
The other day I ran across a whole sheet of these from another co-worker and I’m obviously not alone enjoying these so I thought I’d share them here.
- Just for today: I will try to live this day only and not tackle all my problems at once.
- Just for today: I will be happy. Abraham Lincoln once said, “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
- Just for today: I will adjust myself to what is and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my “luck” as it comes and I will fit myself into it.
- Just for today: I will strengthen my mind. I will study. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.
- Just for today: I will exercise my soul in three ways: I will do a good turn for someone and not be found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don’t want to do — just for the exercise. And I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt today, but I will not show it.
- Just for today: I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, keep my voice low, be courteous and not criticize one bit. I won’t find fault in anything, nor try to improve or regulate anybody but myself.
- Just for today: I will have a plan. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests; Hurry and Indecision.
- Just for today: I will have a quiet half hour all to myself and relax. During this time I will try to gain a better perspective of my life.
- Just for today: I will be unafraid. I will enjoy what is beautiful and believe that as I give to the world, the world gives back to me.
Well, there you go… I’m not sure where this comes from, but I’m likely the millionth person to post about it. If you created this, well, you’re a genius and must certainly have your life by the tail and a perspective about the world and self. For me, it’s another reminder that no matter how much work you’ve done, there is always room to improve.